This recipe for Camp Out Smores Cookies was a hit with my family when we did a “mock camp out” at home. These cookies have all the yummy flavors of classic s’mores, but they are all wrapped up in cookie form. I absolutely love the twist of baking the chocolate chip cookie right on top of a graham cracker- so fun and delicious!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips, or one giant Hershey’s bar, chopped
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 Dozen Graham crackers, split in half to form squares.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir together the flour, salt & baking soda. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips and marshmallows and stir gently.
- Place graham cracker squares on an ungreased cookie sheet, about 1 inch apart. Top each cracker with a heaping spoonful of cookie dough. Bake for 10-11 minutes. (After 11 minutes, the graham cracker will burn. Remove the cracker from your cookie sheet immediately and let it cool on a wire rack.
Who wants to come camping at my house?