Chicken Fettuccine Casserole is an easy family dinner that tastes delicious!
This Chicken Fettuccine Casserole is a delicious twist on a casserole my mom used to make for us when I was younger. Not only does it taste good, but it is also very simple to make. My kids LOVE it, which is also a huge bonus!
CHICKEN FETTUCCINE CASSEROLE
- 1- 16oz package fettuccine noodles
- 1- 10.5 oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 1cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of cooked, shredded chicken breast*
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- dried parsley flakes, optional
*You can sub the cooked chicken breasts for 1 can of chicken breasts, drained and shredded
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13×9 inch casserole pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Boil the fettuccine noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to the same pot.
- Add chicken, cream of chicken soup and sour cream to pot. Mix well with noodles.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Spread the noodles evenly into the prepared casserole pan.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs, then cheese.
- Put the casserole pan into the oven and let it cook for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Use any pasta you have on hand- macaroni noodles are one of my favorite variations!
- Use canned tuna instead of chicken. (This would then be called my moms Tuna Casserole!)
- Add some vegetables to the mixture- broccoli, peas etc. This will add color and nutrition, but be sure to cook it longer, especially if you are using frozen vegetables.
Serve with a salad and a dinner roll and you’re good to go!
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in October 2009. It was updated and made even better in November 2016.