My family absolutely LOVES breakfast foods, and since our weekday mornings are pretty hectic, we like to have “Breakfast for Dinner” quite often. Last week I made this fabulous dish that combines two of our favorite breakfast foods; waffles and french toast. My entire family thought it was super yummy. And not only did it taste delicious, it was very simple to make using ingredients I keep on-hand- bonus! This recipe for French Toast Waffles is a keeper, I promise!
- 2 cups Silk Original (You could also use Vanilla soy, almond or coconut milk)
- 6 large eggs
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 12 (1-inch thick) slices of 1-day old French bread or Texas Toast Note: If bread is not already day-old, place slices on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F to dry out.
- Coat your waffle iron with nonstick cooking spray and preheat. TIP: The original recipe advised against using a Belgian waffle iron because the chambers are too deep, but that is the only type of waffle iron I have and this recipe still turned out just fine.
- In medium bowl, whisk together Silk, eggs, salt, maple syrup, vanilla & cinnamon.
- Dip a slice of bread in egg mixture and soak well. Place bread on hot waffle iron. Cook 4-5 minutes or until light brown and crisped on top. Repeat procedure with the remaining bread.
Serve and enjoy with fresh fruit, powdered sugar or maple syrup.
How delicious does this look???
(January 10th – February 13th 2014)
My mom’s french toast recipe calls for 2 cups of milk instead of Silk like mine uses. Both her recipe and mine taste great, but I love that Silk products are hormone free- you can’t say that about the milk you get at your grocery store!
In fact, using Silk is an easy, delicious way to start adding more plants to your diet. And like the plants Silk is made from, when your body gets everything it needs to be healthy, it blooms.
When you bloom, you feel stronger, faster, lighter, happier, more agile, alert, and focused.
Silk helps me feel healthy. I love when I can feel good about the foods I am putting into my body!
Silk wants to hear from you. In your own fantastic words, what does Silk help you do? Tweet your story @LoveMySilk or share a photo on Instagram using #mybloom and #promo for a chance to win up to $500 to help you bloom big time!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.