This Lemonade Chex Mix is a perfect treat for a spring or summer afternoon!
Last weekend, we made our own lemonade stand, complete with two types of lemonade and various lemon treats. The most popular treat that we sold was this Lemonade Chex Mix. Not only is it a super yummy treat, it is also a super easy treat to make. You owe to it to yourself to make some! Here is the delicious recipe:
Lemonade Chex Mix
WARNING: This stuff is dang addictive. And as soon as you see how easy it is to make and how easy it is to consume the little bite-sized pieces, you might find yourself eating one too many handfuls! Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- 9 cups of Rice Chex
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 tsp lemon zest
- 2 TBS lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pour cereal into a large bowl and then set aside.
- In a microwave safe container, add the white chocolate chips, butter, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Melt in the microwave for a minute, then stir. Keep melting for additional 30 second intervals until completely smooth when stirred.
- Pour melted mixture over cereal and gently stir until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Transfer the cereal into a gallon ziploc bag. Add the powdered sugar and shake, shake, shake your money maker.
- Serve it up & ENJOY!!
What do you think? Is this calling your name yet???
. . . . .
About the Author: Larissa is a mom of 4 boys who likes to cook and create. The former Food Contributor on Somewhat Simple (2011-12), she now shares her creative adventures full-time on her own blog Just Another Day in Paradise.
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in July 2012. It was updated in February 2016