I got this recipe for Taco-Stuffed Pasta Shells out of a magazine over 10 years ago and it is still one of my family’s favorites! I made it again on Saturday and Ethan ate 6 or 7 shells! I love finding something that my kids love to eat!
- 1 box of dried jumbo pasta shells, cooked according to package directions, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 cup of water
- 1 can (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese – divided
- 1 jar chunky salsa – divided
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Sour cream (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spread 1/4 cup salsa over bottom of casserole dish.
- Cook beef in large skillet until brown; drain.
- Add seasoning mix and water; cook over low heat for 5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add beans and 3/4 cup cheese; mix well.
- Fill pasta shells with beef mixture; place on baking dish, filled side up.
- Spoon remaining salsa over shells; top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Serve with sour cream.
This recipe first published on Somewhat Simple in July 2009