These cream cheese cracker snacks are creamy, crunchy, and delicious! They are simple to make and can be ready in under 5 minutes!
Here are a few more after-school snacks your kids are going to LOVE – Peanut Butter and Banana Crackers, Homemade Kettle Corn, and Chocolate Graham Crackers.
Cream Cheese and Crackers After School Snack
One of my very favorite after-school snacks growing up were these delicious little cream cheese crackers. My mom would spread a thin layer of cream cheese on one side and then stick a canned mandarin orange to the center. They are sweet and delicious!
My mom occassionally served these as appetizers for small get togethers. They are simple to make and easy to eat.
They’re also really versatile, too! You can use any variety of crackers and any flavor of cream cheese -I honestly haven’t found a combination I don’t like!
Shown here are Ritz crackers topped with strawberry and blueberry cream cheese. Here’s how to make them:
How to Make Cream Cheese Crackers
- Crackers: Ritz, Wheat Thins, Club Crackers, etc.
- Cream Cheese: regular, herb or fruit flavored, etc.
- Mandarin Oranges: I use the ones that come in a can or fruit cup
- Spread a layer of cream cheese on one side of each cracker.
- Place a mandarin orange slice on top of the cream cheese.
- Repeat with all other crackers. Place on a plate or serving tray and ENJOY!
I mean, does it get any simpler than that?! And they’re so delicious!
More After-School Snack Ideas:
- Kickin’ Chicken Cups – tortilla Chips “stuffed” with sliced chicken and avocado
- Make-Your-Own Trail Mix – all your favorite ingredients mixed in a bag
- Homemade Chex Mix – the most addicting snack!
- Nutella Banana Muffins – everyone’s favorite chocolate hazelnut spread in muffin form
- Caprese Bites – fresh Mozzarella and cherry tomatoes formed to make a caterpillar laying on a bed of fresh basil
- Honey Lime Berry Fruit Salad – fresh berries and fruit topped with a drizzle of honey
- Game Day Nachos – loaded with meats, cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole, and all your favorite vegetables and herbs
HERE’S THE PRINTABLE RECIPE CARD –
Cream Cheese and Crackers
- 12 butter crackers
- 2 oz cream cheese, we used strawberry and blueberry
- 12 mandarin orange slices
- Spread your cream cheese onto a cracker.
- Top with a mandarin orange.