Made with fresh avocados, tomatoes, onions, and cilantro, this Avocado Salsa recipe tastes amazing and could not be any easier to make!
If you love salsa as much as we do around here, be sure to check out our Top 10 FAVORITE Salsa Recipes!
Fresh Avocado Salsa
If guacamole and salsa got married, their babies would definitely look like this delicious avocado salsa! With all the flavors of a creamy guacamole and the delicious textures of a favorite chunky salsa – this union really is the best of both worlds! Who knew a handful of fresh ingredients could be so easy to make and taste SO GOOD?!
This avocado salsa is the perfect dip for some tortilla chips, but you could also add it to grilled chicken, salmon, tacos or enchiladas! (I love it most on some Cilantro Lime Chicken — it is the BEST!)
Here’s how to make it –
Avocado Salsa Ingredients
For this guacamole salsa recipe, you’ll need:
- Roma tomatoes
- red onion
- lime juice
- garlic powder
- fresh cracked salt + pepper
How to Make Salsa with Avocados
- CUT + DICE – Cube the avocados, dice the tomatoes, slice the onions, and chop the cilantro.
- MIX – Place the fresh avocado salsa ingredients in a large bowl, then top with the lime juice, garlic powder, salt + pepper. Mix gently until combined.
- SERVE – Grab some chips (or a spoon!) and enjoy!
Homemade Salsa Tips
- Avocados will start to brown after just a few hours, so in order to keep things as fresh and delicious as possible, don’t make this recipe too far in advance.
- Store in an air-tight container for 1-2 days.
- Add some spice to this salsa by adding some diced jalapenos.
- Add more even more ingredients to “beef it up”! Corn, olives, black beans, etc. You might have to add more lime juice and seasonings, but more veggies would taste amazing!
More Salsa Recipes You’ll Love:
Here’s a printable recipe card for your convenience –
Avocado Salsa Recipe
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 tbsp red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro , finely chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- fresh cracked pepper & salt to taste
- Gently mix together all the ingredients in a medium sized bowl until combined.
- Serve with chips or as a topping to your favorite entree.