Get dinner on the table in less that 30 minutes with nearly no cleanup at all thanks to this delicious lemon chicken pasta foil dinner!
Tin Foil Dinners
Growing up, I would go camping with my family all the time. And of course, my favorite part were all of the delicious camping foods we’d make. One of my fondest memories was making dinner by throwing a foil packet dinner (aka “hobo dinners”) on the fire. For whatever reason, it just amazed me that you could toss it in the fire and it wouldn’t burn everything to a crisp!
Naturally, when I got older, I decided to bring this camping classic inside. This lemon chicken primavera recipe was one of the first dinners I made for my husband when we were first married that actually turned out good! (And that didn’t happen often, you guys!) So if a novice newlywed can make it, I am confident that literally everyone can make it!
Over the years this lemon chicken pasta has not only become our family’s favorite foil dinners, it is actually one of our most-favorite dinners, period. This delicious lemon pasta is light, zesty, buttery and fresh… and it is ready in about 25 minutes!
How to Make a Foil Dinner
For those of you who learn by watching, I made a 2-minute video showing you exactly how to prepare the perfect foil packet, including tips for this delicious recipe.
Prep – Start by preheating your oven to 450 degrees F. For each foil packet dinner you’ll be making, you’ll need a 12 x 18 inch sheet of foil. If you don’t want to make your own, you can also just buy a grilling bag.
Assemble – Place a chicken breast in the center of the sheet of foil. Arrange the contents of the stir fry packet, or anything else you want to throw in, around the chicken breast.
Fold – First, bring up the sides of the foil. Then do a double fold on top and at the ends to seal packet. Make sure you leave room in the foil packet for the heat to circulate inside.
Cook – Place the foil dinners on a cookie sheet and bake them in the oven for about 23 minutes. The amount of time will vary depending on the size of the chicken breast and what you throw inside. Just be sure the chicken isn’t pink inside and the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Easy Homemade Chicken Fingers
- Chicken Taco Lettuce Wraps
- Healthy Broccoli & Chicken Stir Fry
- 3 Ingredient Crock Pot Chicken Tacos
- Amazing Chicken Divan Recipe
Lemon Chicken Pasta Foil Dinner Recipe
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 7 oz stir-fry vegetables with pasta, such as Chicken Voila!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon water
- A pinch of grated peel and juice from 1 lemon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Center 1 chicken breast on sheet of foil. Arrange stir-fry vegetable mixture around chicken; top with butter. Sprinkle with water, lemon peel, garlic salt and basil.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside.
- Bake 22 to 24 minutes on a cookie sheet.
- Squeeze lemon juice over chicken, serve and ENJOY!