Pretzel Spider Cookies are a perfectly festive Halloween treat! Made using just 3 ingredients, they easy to put together. Even the kids can help with this one, and they’re always a hit!
Spider Web Treats
Halloween is such a fun time to create delicious recipes. There are so many creative options that are both adorably spooky and tasty! And these spider web treats are one of my (and my kids) favorites to make.
These pretzel spider cookies are a simple Halloween treat your kids are sure to love! They don’t take much in the way of time or ingredients, so you’ll get credit for an impressive treat without any hard work!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 40 pretzel sticks (8 sticks per web)
- 2 squares vanilla almond bark
- 5 candy spiders
- Decorating gel or melted chocolate if you’re making your own spiders
How To Make Spider Web Cookies
Prep – Start by melting the almond bark according to the directions on the package. When it’s melted, spoon it into a plastic sandwich bag and let it sit for 1 minute.
Arrange Web – To make the base of the webs, simply arrange 8 pretzel sticks in a radial pattern on some parchment paper.
Connect – Cut the corner off the bag and then squeeze some of the melted almond bark into the middle to “glue” the pretzel sticks together. Allow it to dry for a minute or two.
Web Design – Once the pretzels are stable, create a spider web pattern by drizzling the melted almond bark around the pretzels in a circular motion.
Add A Spider – You can use candy spiders (try looking at a craft or party store), or make your own! To make a spider, you can use black decorating gel (find it at the craft store or some grocery stores), or even just some melted chocolate.
Make A Spider – To make your own, squeeze a small blob of decorating gel onto the center of your spider web. Then, using a toothpick, pull 8 legs out. It’s just the right amount of creepy.
More Easy Halloween Recipes
- Mummy Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Zombie Bait Chex Mix
- Halloween Popcorn Pumpkin Balls
- Throwing Up Pumpkin Guacamole
- Easy Halloween Ghost Pancakes
Spider Web Cookie Recipe
- 40 pretzel sticks, 8 sticks per web
- 2 squares almond bark, vanilla
- 5 candy spiders, or decorating gel or melted chocolate
- Melt the almond bark according to package directions. Spoon into a plastic sandwich bag and let sit for one minute.
- Meanwhile, set pretzels out onto wax or parchment paper into a radial formation (this is the base of your spider web).
- Make a small snip in one corner of the sandwich bag containing the melted almond bark. Drizzle enough almond bark on the center of the spider web to give it stability. Let dry.
- Once the pretzels are stable, create a spider web pattern by drizzling the melted almond bark around the pretzels in a circular motion.
- Squeeze a small amount of almond bark wherever you would like your spider to sit on the web, and place the candy spider on top. Let it set. Placing the spider in the center will add more stability to your pretzel web, but feel free to place them anywhere! If using decorating gel or chocolate, squeeze a blob into the middle, then use a toothpick to pull the legs out.
- Remove from wax paper carefully, and enjoy!