Pretzel Spider Cookies are a perfectly festive Halloween treat! Even the kids can help with this one, and they’re always a hit!
These pretzel spider cookies are a simple Halloween treat your kids are sure to love! They don’t take much in the way of time or ingredients, so you’ll get credit for an impressive treat without any hard work! Perfect for a Halloween party, or a fun afternoon snack (plus an activity…bonus!).
Just arrange 8 pretzel sticks in a radial pattern, then squeeze some melted almond bark into the middle to “glue” them together. I put my melted almond bark in a sandwich bag, then snip the corner. Works great!
You can use candy spiders (try looking at a craft or party store), or make your own! To make a spider, you can use black decorating gel (find it at the craft store or some grocery stores), or even just some melted chocolate.
Squeeze a small blob onto the center of your spider web, then using a toothpick, pull 8 legs out. It’s just the right amount of creepy!
Pretzel Spider Cookies
- 40 pretzel sticks (8 sticks per web)
- 2 squares vanilla almond bark
- 5 candy spiders (or decorating gel or melted chocolate)
- Melt the almond bark according to package directions. Spoon into a plastic sandwich bag and let sit for one minute.
- Meanwhile, set pretzels out onto wax or parchment paper into a radial formation (this is the base of your spider web).
- Make a small snip in one corner of the sandwich bag containing the melted almond bark. Drizzle enough almond bark on the center of the spider web to give it stability. Let dry.
- Once the pretzels are stable, create a spider web pattern by drizzling the melted almond bark around the pretzels in a circular motion.
- Squeeze a small amount of almond bark wherever you would like your spider to sit on the web, and place the candy spider on top. Let it set. Placing the spider in the center will add more stability to your pretzel web, but feel free to place them anywhere! If using decorating gel or chocolate, squeeze a blob into the middle, then use a toothpick to pull the legs out.
- Remove from wax paper carefully, and enjoy!
Makes 5 complete Pretzel Spider Webs.
For more amazing Halloween ideas, check out these great posts!