This Strawberry Banana Smoothie is simple, sweet, and fresh! Who knew 4 ingredients could taste so delicious?!
Classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Nothing tastes more sweet and refreshing on a hot summer day than a delicious fruit smoothie! This strawberry banana smoothie is easily one of the best I’ve ever made.
Not just because it tastes amazing, but because it is so simple to make! I usually have each of the 4 basic ingredients already on-hand. This means we can easily whip this up whenever the craving strikes! And it’s so simple, the kids usually make it themselves.
Here’s how to make it –
To make this strawberry banana smoothie recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups frozen strawberries – You can also use any other frozen berries you’d like!
- 1 fresh banana, peeled – You can use a frozen banana, but you might want to lessen the amount of ice you add if you do.
- 1 cup milk – You can use any type of milk for this recipe (almond milk is my favorite!)
- 1 cup ice – You can use more or less to reach your desired consistency.
- Optional Additions – You can add any of your favorite sweeteners or protein boosters if you’d like!
- Sweeteners – 1/2 tsp of either sugar, agave, honey, or vanilla extract
- Vitamins + Proteins – a handful of fresh greens, a spoonful of seeds, a scoop of protein powder
- Flavor Boosters – a handful of pineapple, 1 inch of fresh ginger
How to Make a Smoothie
This strawberry banana smoothie recipe couldn’t be easier to make. Like I said before, my kids often just grab the blender and make it on their own. Which means I get to enjoy a smoothie without having to make it.:)
ADD all ingredients to a bender.
BLEND ingredients until well combined and smooth. You can add more milk if your smoothie is too thick, or more fruit if your smoothie is too thin.
SERVE IMMEDIATELY. Pour the strawberry banana smoothie into 2 glasses, serve with a straw and enjoy!
More Summer Drink Recipes
- Dirty Monkey Recipe
- Chick-Fil-A Frosted Lemonade
- Copycat Strawberry Julius
- Non-Alcoholic Sangria
- Fresh Cherry Lemonade Slush
Here’s a printable recipe card for your convenience –
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 fresh banana, peeled
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- 1 cup ice
- Add all 4 ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth and well combined.
- You can add more milk if your smoothie is too thick, or more fruit if your smoothie is too thin.
- Pour into 2 glasses, serve with a straw and enjoy!