- 1 box of yellow cake mix (plus ingredients called for on the box)
- 2 boxes of Jiffy corn bread mix (plus ingredients called for on the box)
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Line 2 muffin pans with cupcake liners, or lightly grease 2 9×13 casserole pans with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the cake mix according to package directions, then set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix the 2 boxes of cornbread mix according to package directions, then add it to the cake mix bowl. Mix well.
- Distribute batter into muffin tins or cake pans.
- Bake in preheated oven until cooked through- for approximately the same amount of time mentioned on the cake mix box, depending on what method you are making. Muffins take about 15 minutes or so and the cake takes longer.
- Serve and enjoy!
Yum! I love light and fluffy cornbread!
(This post originally published in January 2010 but was updated upon the discovery of this newer, more simpler recipe!)