Leftover Stuffing Waffles are a delicious way to use up your Thanksgiving leftovers! Clean out your fridge and get ready for a tasty brunch or lunch in less than 10 minutes!
A Disney Thanksgiving Leftovers Idea
I feel like my family lives off of turkey and mashed potatoes for days after our Thanksgiving feast… and I’m not complaining about it one bit! The best part of Thanksgiving just might just be the leftovers – don’t you agree? If you find yourself scrambling to use all that extra food before it goes bad, you need to try these Leftover Stuffing Waffles!
I first saw this idea when Disney served it at the EPCOT® International Festival of the Holidays. This remix of a traditional Thanksgiving feast really is the ultimate way to use your leftovers. Creamy mashed potatoes and sliced turkey breast piled on top of a crispy stuffing waffle! Serve with a drizzle of your favorite gravy and a dollop of cranberry sauce for good measure… are you hungry yet?
Not only is this dish totally tasty, but it also couldn’t be any easier to make! Here’s how –
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Leftover Stuffing – The more basic, the better! Try to use a stuffing without chunky vegetables or meat.
- Whipping Cream
- Leftover Turkey
- Leftover Mashed Potatoes
- Leftover Gravy
- Cranberry Sauce
How to Make Waffles with Stuffing
Compile – All you need to do is combine the stuffing, eggs, and 3 tablespoons of cream together. Add more cream, as needed, until the mixture is just wet enough to spread.
Spread – Next, spread about half of the stuffing mixture onto the waffle maker. Depending on the size of your waffle maker, the mixture may not spread all the way to the edges.
Cook – Close the lid and cook everything for about 7 to 8 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
Tip – You’ll want to avoid opening the waffle iron while the waffles are baking. Stuffing waffles will take longer to cook than regular waffles since the mixture is heavier and the egg must be completely cooked.
Top – To serve, place the stuffing waffle on a plate and top with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a dollop of cranberry sauce.
…and that’s it!!!
More Thanksgiving Recipes
Here is a printable recipe card for your convenience –
Leftover Stuffing Waffles Recipe
for the waffles:
- 1 1/2 cups leftover stuffing, crumbled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 3-4 slices of warmed leftover turkey
- 2 cups warmed leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 cup warmed leftover gravy
- 3-4 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- Preheat waffle maker to medium-high, and spray both sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine stuffing, eggs, and 3 tablspoons of cream. Add more cream, as needed, until mixture is just wet enough to spread.
- Spread half the stuffing mixture onto the waffle maker. (Depending on the size of your waffle maker, the mixture may not spread all the way to the edges.)
- Close the lid and cook about 7 to 8 minutes, or until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat once more with the rest of the stuffing mixture.
- To serve, place one waffle on each plate. Top each with turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a dollop of cranberry sauce.