These 3 ingredient crock pot chicken tacos are one of our very favorite meals!
I’ve been making chicken tacos in the crock pot for about 10 years now – this recipe is simple and it is so delicious! One of the greatest things about it is that you can make enough to serve just a couple people or it’s easily adjusted to feed a crowd. We’ve used it often to entertain, but my in-laws make it all the time for just the two of them. It is quite possibly the easiest, most delicious meal EVER!!!
Here is how to make it –
Yields approximately 12 tacos, so adjust the ingredients accordingly.
- 2 large boneless, skinless breast of chicken- I put these in frozen
- 1 jar (16oz) salsa*
- 2 cans black beans (drained)**
*You can sub the jar of salsa for a packet of taco seasoning if you’d like. No extra water is needed- the chicken has enough juice to keep the meat moist.
** You can also use pinto beans or white beans if you prefer those instead of black
YOU WILL ALSO NEED …
- Taco toppings: lettuce, tomato, cheese, olives sour cream etc.
- Place the chicken at the bottom of the crock pot. Pour the salsa and black beans over the top. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- 1/2 hour before serving, remove chicken onto cutting board and shred with 2 forks. Return chicken to croc kpot and turn heat to high. Leave the lid off for remaining 1/2 hour to burn off excess liquid around chicken and beans. Depending on how much liquid your chicken distributes, you may even want to strain this a bit in a colander before serving. Sometimes it can be pretty runny and cause for a soggy taco!
- Serve in your favorite tortillas or taco shells and top with your favorite taco toppings!
Love this recipe? Check out some of our other favorite recipes!