Get some good laughs at your next Halloween party with this barfing pumpkin guacamole!
Last year we had a family Halloween party where everyone was asked to bring a side dish to share. This barfing pumpkin guacamole is the dish my sister-in-law brought, and it completely stole the show!!!
The kids LOVED it, and the adults all got a good laugh! Here is how to make one for your next spooky shin-dig:
Barfing Pumpkin Guacamole
- 1 small pumpkin – we used a pumpkin pie pumpkin that was about 5-6 inches tall.
- pumpkin carver or knife
- big platter
- tortilla chips
- guacamole – here are a few links to some of our favorite guacamole recipes:
- Cut open the top of your pumpkin and clean out the “guts” on the inside. Discard the guts and place the top back on.
- Carve a “barfing” pumpkin face by making 2 triangle slits for the eyes and a round hole for the mouth.
- Place the pumpkin on the serving tray and spread the guacamole from the mouth of the pumpkin, and down the center of the serving tray.
- Set tortilla chips on the side, serve and enjoy!
So simple, and disgustingly hilarious!
Some might even call it “Spew-ky” 🙂
…(did we go too far?)
. . . . .
We have some more fun Halloween foods that are sure to get a good laugh –
. . . .
Do you have a favorite Halloween dish you like to make for you spooky festivities?
Any family traditions?
Leave us a comment below, we’d love to hear all about it!
Have a happy Halloween everyone!
This post originally published on Somewhat Simple in October 2012. It was updated with new images in October 2016.