If you’re looking for a simple cake that is sure to impress, this Chocolate Covered Oreo Cake is for you! I have made it several times over the past few years and I have never been disappointed. It’s a really pretty cake and looks impressive without all the hard work, and it is SUPER YUMMY! (Hello, its covered in chocolate, how can it not be fantastic?!)
Chocolate-Covered Oreo Cake
(Adapted from KraftFoods.com)
- 1 box of chocolate cake mix
- 4 squares of Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pkg. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup thawed Whipped Topping
- 15 OREO Cookies, coarsely crushed
- Preparecake batter according to package directions and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package. Remove cake from pans and cool completely.
- Microwave baking chocolate and butter in a small glass bowl for 2 minutes, or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Meanwhile, blend cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer. Gently stir in Cool Whip and crushed cookies.
- Stack cake layers on plate, spreading cream cheese mixture between layers. Top the stacked cakes with chocolate glaze and let it stand until firm.
- Serve and enjoy!