Juicy ham and Swiss cheese inside soft Hawaiian rolls brushed with a buttery topping that’s baked and made absolutely delicious! These ham and cheese sliders are perfect for feeding a crowd and could not be any easier to make!
Serve these Ham and Cheese Sliders as a game-day appetizer alongside some chicken wings and buffalo chicken dip, or as a meal for your family with some easy pasta salad and some crispy sweet potato fries! Even the pickiest of eaters are sure to be satisfied with these simple little sandwiches!
Ham and Swiss Sliders
I’ve had this ham sliders recipe for years and years and I probably make it every couple of months. Not only has it become a Super Bowl tradition among our friends, these ham and Swiss sliders have also become one of my family’s most-favorite dinners EVER!
What I love most about this recipe is just how simple it is to make. In fact, it’s one of my go-to recipes for using up leftover Ham after a big holiday dinner. After working hard in the kitchen to prepare a holiday feast, I don’t want to see the inside of the kitchen for days after that. That’s where this recipe comes in to save the day. These Hawaiian roll sliders only take about 10 minutes to prepare so you’ll be eating in no time!
The thing that really makes this recipe sing is the buttery sauce you put on top of the sliders before you bake them. Made with a delicious combination of butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and poppy seeds it’s the perfect compliment to the sweet Hawaiian rolls and the ham inside.
How To Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
You can make these easy ham and cheese sliders in just a few steps:
- Grab a batch of Hawaiian rolls and slide them in half.
- Put the bottoms of the rolls face up in a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo on each roll.
- Add a slice of ham and a slice of cheese to each roll, then place the tops of the rolls back on top.
- Combine your butter topping ingredients and brush the tops of the rolls generously.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the rolls are golden.
Can Ham Sliders Be Made Ahead Of Time
These sliders can be made ahead of time and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking. They are perfect to prepare when you have free time and then just throw them in the oven about 20 minutes before you’re ready to serve them. While it’s possible to freeze these, I wouldn’t recommend it. You really won’t save much time, plus they are so easy to make, that I would just recommend making them when you’re ready to eat them.
What to Serve With Ham and Cheese Sliders
As an Appetizer
- These Ham and Swiss Sliders are a perfect addition to your game-day spread with a few more of our game day favorites-
As a Meal
- These Ham and Swiss sliders are a filling lunch or dinner when paired with any of the following recipes –
More Easy Ham Recipes
If you’re looking for more easy recipes to use up any leftover holiday ham, try one of our other favorites.
- Split Pea Soup
- Hawaiian Ham Sandwiches
- Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- Ham and Potato Casserole
- Instant Pot Ham
Ham and Cheese Slider Recipe
Now that you’ve seen how easy these are to make, it’s time to whip up a batch for dinner this week. Let us know if you make these Hawaiian Ham and Cheese Sliders! Leave us a comment below or tag us on social media!
Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Slice rolls in half. Put the bottoms of the rolls face up in a 13x9 casserole pan.
- Spread mayo on top and bottom of the inside of each roll.
- Place a slice of cheese and a slice of ham on each roll, then place the tops of the rolls back on top of the sandwiches.
- Mix together the melted butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and poppy seeds in a small bowl. Brush the butter mixture all over the tops of the rolls.
- Cover with tin foil, or leave uncovered if you want the tops a little crispier.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted and the meat is heated through.